Shop by Weight
Types of yarn: DK, Light Worsted
Purpose: The most popular and versatile yarn, everything from Slipper socks to sweaters, hats and more!
Types of yarn: Worsted, Aran, Afghan
Purpose: Like DK and Worsted, the most popular and versatile yarn, everything from Slipper socks to sweaters, hats and more!
Shop by Brand
Bernat yarn is your go-to for the whole family, with great yarns for fashion, home décor projects, and baby! From tried and true basics, to cutting-edge textures, there’s a yarn for everyone, and every project. Featuring best-in-class baby yarns that are safety certified, fashion-forward garment yarn, and classic home decor yarn, you'll love to knit and crochet all your craft projects with Bernat yarns!
Lion Brand® Yarn Company is a fifth generation, family-owned business. They are passionate about helping people enjoy the pleasures of working with yarn and live by the mission statement, 'creating a more colourful, connected and giving world'. With stunning, quality yarns in beautiful colours and designs, there's a Lion Brand yarn for everyone!
You can find every shade of the rainbow in premium acrylic Caron yarn! Caron yarn takes color inspiration from everywhere, making it easy for you to find the perfect color for your project – or inspire you to try something new! Check out the many kinds of Caron yarns and discover a versatile yarn for knit and crochet patterns like sweaters, blankets, pillows, accessories, and more!
Which Yarn Should I Choose?
Choosing which Yarn to use can be confusing to say the least! Because we're #allabouthemakers we've tried to simplify all the different ways Yarn can be measured and put it into one handy chart below to show which yarn to use on which projects and what works with each of our Looms.
- *Weight Number: Sometimes you'll see that Yarn is measured with a single number between 0-7. These are the numbers in the first column.
- *Weight Name: Depending on where you buy your Yarn from, different countries have different names for the same thing. We've put all the names we know of in each category on the chart for you!
- *Types of Yarns: Within each weight there are different types of yarns. Some are softer, produced differently or made from different materials.
- *Purpose: Know what you want to make? Have a look at what each weight and yarns ideal purpose is! If you're not sure and just getting started, you can't go wrong with DK and Worsted yarns as these are easily the most universal.
- *Knit Gauge in Stockinette Stitch in 4 Inches: Some yarns will describe their weight in stitches in a 4 inch area. This is the comparable measurement.
- *Loom Gauge: This can be determined by several factors, but most Looms are tested by manufacturers to determine which category they fall under.